Compiled By: Choose My Music Records (Burton on Trent, England)
Compiled For: Julia (Toronto, Canada)
So we got to make the first Mixtape compilation, which made its way across the Atlantic to Toronto, Canada.
1. The Gap Band - You Dropped A Bomb On Me
2. DEERPEOPLE - Impala Abdul*
3. Foreign Diplomats - Queen + King
4. Dad Rocks! - Funemployment
5. Cecil Otter - Let Me Tell You
6. Sex Pistols - Bodies**
7. Screaming Females - It All Means Nothing
8. Common Grackle - At The Grindcore Show
9. Millie Jackson - A Little Tate Of Outside Love
10. Why? - Sod In The Seed
11. Paranoid Castle - Feeling Inside
12. Plaid Dragon - SoND
13. We Are The Willows - Wondering Out Of My Head
As per our own rules, we had to feature the following track points:
The first song which had an impact on my musical listening
For this song we went for Bodies by The Sex Pistols.
I still remember every single aspect of hearing this for the first time. I remember where I was, who I was with and just how it blew me away - and this was nearly 20 years after it was released.
I instantly became obsessed by The Sex Pistols and the 1970s punk scene, which naturally opened a whole world of music for me and drastically changed my musical direction at the age of 14.
A song we have heard recently which we enjoyed
DEERPEOPLE's as yet unreleased song Impala Abdul was my pick for this category, which will be released on their upcoming debut album There Is Still Time For Us To Die, which has been recorded at The Flaming Lips' Pink Floor Studio in their hometown in Oklahoma City.
People who are familiar with our record label will know that we will be releasing this album in the not too distant future - it really is wonderful!